31 Spiritual Reflection Questions
Whether you'd like to spice up group discussion or challenge yourself during personal meditation, you can use these questions as a springboard for reflection and inspiration.
1. What is a favorite passage of scripture or "life verse" you often return to? Why that one?
2. What are two joys you are experiencing in this season of your life?
3. In a conversation with someone who has never heard about God, what would you say about Him from your experience?
4. Who has been a spiritual mentor to you? What impact have they had on your life?
5. What are three spiritual gifts you recognize in yourself?
6. What are three words to describe your personal relationship with God?
7. When you get to Heaven, what would you like to ask God?
8. What do you imagine Heaven will be like?
9. What do you find most attractive about Christianity or the person of Christ? What do you find least attractive about Christianity or the person of Christ?
10. What do you think the church/Church could be doing better to reach the world for Christ?
11. Who is a bible character you personally relate to and why?
12. What experiences have most shaped your spiritual life?
13. When do you feel most connected with God (ex. while painting, being in nature, serving others, silent reflection, cooking, reading, etc.)?
14. What is a passage or aspect of scripture you struggle with? Why?
15. What is a lesson the Lord taught you recently?
16. How would you describe God's gender? Why?
17. If you could be present for any moment during Jesus' earthly life, what moment would you want to witness?
18. What lesson about God or faith would you most want to impart on younger believers?
19. If someone else was objectively examining your life, where would they see the most spiritual growth over the last year or two?
20. If you could start any kind of ministry today, what kind of ministry would you want to start and why?
21. What do you sense your spiritual calling is in this season of your life?
22. Other than the bible, what resource(s) has helped you on your spiritual journey (a book, song, film, group, etc.)?
23. If you could ask Christ to change one problem in the world today, what would you like him to change?
24. What important beliefs have you changed your mind on since following Jesus?
25. How would your life be different if you knew Jesus was returning in six months’ time?
26. What’s your favorite characteristic of God?
27. What is your favorite part about being in the family of God?
28. Where in your daily routine could you become more aware of God’s presence?
29. A year from now, how would you like to be more Christ-like?
30. Who is a model of Christlikeness in your life? How so?
31. In what area of your life do you need to trust God more?